Monday, November 4, 2013
2 comments

Learning English--Reflexive Pronouns

10:56 AM
Reflexive Pronouns
Reflexive pronouns are these words:myself, yourself, herself, himself, itself, ourselves, yourselves, and themselves*
Reflexive pronouns are used when the subject and the object in a sentence are the same person.
For example:
I hit myself with a hammer.
John hit himself with a hammer.
These sentences are not correct:
X I hit me with a hammer.
X John hit him with a hammer. (If John hit John.)
But remember, when the subject and object are different people, use the regular object pronouns (me, you, he, she, it, us, and them**.)
I hit her (Susan) with a hammer.
John hit him (Jack) with a hammer.
Check Your Understanding
Use the the object to use a *reflexive pronoun or **object pronoun.Examples:
A. Mary loves John. Mary loves him.
B. Tony and Faye saw Tony and Faye in the mirror. Tony and Faye saw themselves in the mirror.

1. Jim asked Carrie about the dance.
Jim asked  about the dance.

2. The animal cleaned the animal with its tongue.
The animal cleaned  with its tongue.

3. David and Alex asked Mr. Jones for advice.
David and Alex asked  for advice.

4. You three kids will cut you three kids if you play with knives.
You three kids will cut  if you play with knives.

5. Lisa and I gave Lisa and I a present from the mall.
Lisa and I gave  a present from the mall.

6. Did Mrs. Nichols talk to you after class?
Did Mr. Nichols talk to  after class?

7. Mr. Nichols talked to Mr. Nichols after class.
Mr. Nichols talked to  after class.

2 comments:

Nigel Bean said...

Hello,
Nice blog. There are a lots of information that how to pronunciation in the right way. Thanks for sharing it...

Bathacademy

Mominul said...

thanks for ur comment


http://linkedin.com/in/mominbd

 
Toggle Footer